1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
I started Eve back in 2010 initially after learning about it from Eve Radio while I was part of one of ER’s sister stations. I had a bit of a rough start but overall I found to love the game and the community. Shortly after starting Eve, I also transitioned to also doing shows on Eve Radio – where I still am to this day, and now serving as the assistant station manager.
I have had the pleasure of also planning and organizing several of ER’s community events, such as the Eve Radio mining operations. I have always loved player created events and communities as well and loved being a part of them.
Ingame, I am a industrial focused player who lives within Null-Sec.I am a miner, builder, trader, and logistics pilot. I am also one of the industrial directors within my corp as well as logistics. I like to also say that I have done a little bit of everything; PvE mission running, FW, exploration, small/large gang PvP to being a pirate.
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who you would best represent within the playerbase?
I feel that I would best represent fellow industrialists within nullsec. I have lived in null-sec for over 3yrs now and industry is also where the majority of my playtime is invested in.
In addition to that, I am also running to represent the disabled players as an advocate for accessibility. I have a unique way of looking at things which I feel would be very valuable and an asset to the CSM.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
Industrial Focused Candidate
Industrial Notifications! Why don’t we have notifications for industrial activities?
Planetary Interaction – Less clicking, making PI more efficient, and UI improvements
Courier Contracts – Ability to see if assembled containers inside, and commas added to the sizes!
Add more color blind friendly options
Make transparency optional, not forced, More UI scaling options
More text size options
Bring back chat font size icons to the front, not hidden in the menu.
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
I continue to run because I want to be a voice for the community. The community has done so much for me and I want to be able to give back. I also feel that I am knowledgeable as well as my unique viewpoints to look at things differently would be very useful.
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
I have not been on the CSM yet, no, but this is my 3rd year running for the CSM. I ran for both CSM 10 and CSM 11, and now CSM 12.
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
I consider myself unique because in addition to Industry, I am running on a platform to represent a part of the community that has never had representation before; accessability. I look at things differently than normal and consider how things would work or won't work for those who rely on those accessibility options.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
I am a team player and have always worked well with other people. I am also not afraid to voice my opinions and I am very motivated to working to goals.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
I would say that my weakest point would be incursions as it’s a area that I have done the least of during my time ingame.
9. If you were offered unlimited development time – what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
If I was offered the time – I would love to see PI finally get the attention that it needs. It’s a aspect in Eve that has never really had much love. There’s a lot of things that can be done to improve it’s overall quality of life and I feel that it’s important to look at it.
10. If you could wind back the clock – what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
Not really a ‘feature’ but I would like to have the UI be more customizable like it used to, that is being able to adjust the colors better. It not only added more personalization but others could use the color options to what worked better for them visually.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
I would have loved to have picked Joffy, since he would have also been a great advocate for accessibility as well, however since wasn’t able to run this year; I would have to pick Steve just because he’s a overall all round good guy who is very knowledgeable and I would love to get the opportunity to work with him.
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
It’s hard to really just pick one favorite memory since there are so many to choose from. So if there was one that I had to pick from would be a memory from back in 2013.
I was tuned into Eve Radio and Erroch was on air and putting together the industrial revolution. I have been wanting to take part of it for a while as it always looked like a lot of fun; going out there, undocking in industrial ships and killing people with them – or dying in a glorious ball of fine, whatever came first. After a while of flying around and getting no fights, it was closing to the end of Erroch’s show, so he said to set destination to “Old Man Star” and off we went since he knew that we would get a fight there guaranteed.
We get to Old Man Star, and I could hear these loud pings and my name being spammed in corp chat since one of our directors got word that I was there from his pirate group. I was being told to get out of the system. That didn’t work out … by that time we were already being scouted out by the group “Soul Takers” who eventually found us as we were forming up on one of the planets and pretty much wiped out our industrial fleet.
I was laughing, it was a good run. After the fleet I learned more about the “Soul Takers” and how they were affiliated with “The Soul Society” and hearing the directors sharing stories.
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
Email: [email protected]
Ingame: Erika Mizune (via Evemail), or “Erika4CSM” channel ingame
Discord: Yumene/Erika Mizune#3924
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform – where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
My campaign thread which is located here:
15. What is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
I just want to thank everyone for reading this and considering me to be on your ballot for this year’s CSM election. It would mean the world to me to be able to represent the players and I hope that I can count on your support! If I am elected I promise to do my best and work hard!
Thank you! ~ Erika Mizune