1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
My name is Scylus Black. I have been involved with Faction Warfare for over 4 ½ years. Former CEO of Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry and Former executor of Templis CALSF (formerly Templis Dragonaors). Caldari’s longest continually serving Alliance since February 2012.
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who would you best represent within the playerbase?
Any Faction Warfare pilot is the player I am here to serve. I have no other agenda than to ensure that Faction Warfare and this piece of New Eden is represented.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
Faction Warfare voice at the CSM / CCP Table
Balancing Citadels with respect to FW
Achieving a healthy PVP balance in FW
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
Faction Warfare has been neglected by CCP. However it's an integral part of many of our EVE lives and an avenue to other aspects of the game. I believe my experience in FW and expertise in leadership would add value to the CSM and ensure we are heard. I also believe we need this representation now, more than ever. It’s been too long since FW was evolved.
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
I have not. First time.
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
I am currently the only CSM Candidate that continues to be involved in Faction Warfare with a vested interest in getting this portion of the game community heard.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
I am in a C-Level position with a large North American retail group. So bridging relationships, partnering with associates in various roles and different personalities while serving the people underneath me to drive results is what I do. It’s not about serving the hierarchy. It’s about serving those who trust in your leadership.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
Wormhole Space and Industry. So while I have dabbled in those areas, it's been to advance a need in FW.
9. If you were offered unlimited development time – what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
That answer I would reserve for my constituents. There's a wealth of talent in all the factions. It’s important that we support Faction Warfare and ensure that the changes I am voicing to CCP are driven by the pilots in those faction to improve our portion of space.
10. If you could wind back the clock – what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
I would revisit the “Inferno” release years ago. It changed FW from an offensive game to more defensive. Anyone who was involved at that time most likely would echo the same.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
Suitonia. Who’s focus on PVP (small/solo gang) and Tournaments aligns with our focus and what we do in FW. Not to mention the videos and guides on properly fitting ships and combat. I also just finished a podcast panel with him. Great guy!
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
When our corporation CCDM went to defend a friendly corporation’s POS coming out of reinforcement in Asakai at Moon 6. Only to see a cyno lit and a Titan bridge onto us. Was amazing to see “The Battle of Asakai” unfold but the TiDi was pure hell lol! At the time this was the largest low-sec battle ever. Was quite the event and showed me the magnitudel of this game!
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
Slack / Email
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform – where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
Talking In Stations – Scylus Black
Broadcasts From The Ninveah
Putting The Faction Back Into Faction Warfare
Crossing Zebras (Interview with Ashterothi and Declaration of War – Roundtable)
Ashterothi Endorsement on Twitter!
15. What is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
I’m here to get the needs of the four factions to the CCP table. I am not representing CalMil. I view my candidacy as a dedicated voice for Faction Warfare and representative for all of the factions. I will ensure we are heard and partner with my CSM colleagues to advance their agendas and ours. We win as a team.