1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
I am The Judge, Judge or TJ. I am one of the 4 Permanent Attendees from CSM 11, and the only person to ever hold true perfect attendance in a CSM term. I have rolled many characters and been known by many names since late 2003, I have been playing EVE full time since 2008. I am currently a member of the leadership team for the alliance Circle-Of-Two. I am also a proud member of the Circle-Of-Two Alliance Tournament team. I have lived for large amounts of time in Null, High and Low security space.
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who would you best represent within the playerbase?
The honest answer here is “anyone who plays EVE”. I’ve spent many years moving from one kind of gameplay to another so I feel I can, and have been, providing knowledgeable feedback to CCP and representing all EVE players equally.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
- QOL Changes
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
CSM 11, by some miracle, turned out to be the most successful CSM ever. I want to continue the win streak and try and see all the changes that have come from discussion with CCP through CSM 11’s term into the game.
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
I am a current CSM member. Permanent Attendee CSM 11.
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
Having gone through the growing pains of making contacts and learning how CCP operates internally is the biggest asset you can have as a second time running CSM. If not only to continue work with CCP with minimal downtime, but to be able to get the new first time CSM’s up to date as fast as possible. This is something that I believe will be imperative in keeping the working relationship with CCP running smoothly in the handover from CSM 11 to CSM 12.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
I do, but I like to keep my personal life private.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
Wormholes are not my thing. I’ve lived in low class wormholes on and off for years, but I wouldn’t say I have a huge amount of expertize in that area.
9. If you were offered unlimited development time – what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
Having been on the CSM now I can give an accurate answer to this question this time around. I wouldn’t lobby for anything. Lobbying is not the job of the CSM (no matter how much people might believe that). The CSM’s job is to provide feedback towards in development features that CCP cannot release publicly.
10. If you could wind back the clock – what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
I’m not convinced I would remove anything. My one change would be leaving older parts of EVE’s code open in some fashion so that changes could be made without having to rebuild entire portions of the games code.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
Sullen Decimus. He has been without a doubt the biggest surprise on CSM 11. Before the election season for CSM 11 I’d never heard of him, and really, nobody I knew had either. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from someone who was such a mystery. I was pleasantly surprised. Sullen is one of the hardest working people on CSM 11 and arguably one of the most knowledgeable. His ability to comprehend information and provide clear and concise feedback is amazing. I’m glad that I’ve gotten to know him and hope that he makes it onto CSM 12.
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
The last 12 months have been such a whirlwind of talking to players, going to events (EVE Vegas, EVEDownunder etc) and working with CCP that it's all been one big memory for me. Logging on and getting convos from people, hearing that people are grateful for the work you put into something is truly fulfilling.
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
Ingame: The Judge
Tweetfleet slack: The Judge
Email: [email protected]
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform – where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
The best place is probably directly from me. I am always willing to take the time to talk to people about the CSM. Hit me up on any of my platforms and lets chat!
If you’re not interested in that and would rather read some ramblings, head over and check out my candidacy thread at https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6824056
15. What is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
In closing, I urge you to vote when the time comes, but be an informed voter. There are lots of candidates that promise you fixes or changes to your style of gameplay, and in all honesty, that's not something the CSM has control over. We are a sounding board, a focus group, consultants… not elected junior developers. The CSM needs mature people who can talk and act professionally in a business environment. If you’re not sure who to vote for, put someone from CSM 11 on your ballot (they’re all pretty awesome people who represent your interests). I hope you find me worthy of your vote to again represent our amazing and unique community. Thank you.