1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
I began playing EVE in 2006 and moved to low-sec on my first day. I began doing PvP shortly thereafter. A few months later I moved into null-sec to learn the intricacies of PVP on the mean streets of Syndicate, and I have never looked back. Two years later my corp joined an alliance called Sons of Tangra and moved to Fountain. From there I moved into Pandemic Legion and 8 years later here I am, still PVPing, and still having a blast! The highlight of my EVE career is participating on multiple Alliance Tournament teams for Pandemic Legion, winning 5 gold medals and a Silver medal in the process
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who you would best represent within the playerbase?
My key constituents would be Null-Sec players of which i both represent NPC and non-NPC null sec dwellers. However i do believe that my knowledge of the game over 10 years would allow me represent all aspects of the game not just null-sec.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
- Entosis Mechanics. I like the idea of multiple skirmishes over multiple nodes, but that’s not case at the moment.
- Improvements to NPC null sec. Increasing the value of the space outside of just moon mining in order to increase the player activity
- SKINs. We need get our SKIN game on point. There are some ships that have tons of SKINs, some that have none, and some that barely change the look. We need SKIN updates for the overlooked ships, like pirate ships and a lot of the Gallente race. Would someone please fix the Rattlesnake Victory Skin.
- Tournaments. I love tournaments and we all want to see more of them. Events like EVE_NT is a great start but we need more.
- Wormholes. I want to see more wormholes, especially in 0.0. This a great feature in EVE, allowing all sorts of ship/gangs to move around EVE and create content wherever they end up.
- Server Hardware. The current state of rubber-banding and lag is not acceptable.
- Module Tiericide. Let’s finish what CCP started. I respect what they did with Sensor Boosters, but there are tons of modules that haven’t had this treatment. I would love to see scripts removed and replaced with a mode that can be toggled.
- Ship Maintenance Bays. My opinion is stuff like Liquid Ozone and Drugs should be able to be loaded in the cargo of the ship that is inside a Ship Maintenance Bay. They are both used in combat just like Ammo and Scripts, and there is no reason why they are disallowed.
- New Player Experience. It has come a long way since its infancy, but we need to keep expanding on this in order to keep the new players Alpha clones has gotten us.
- All Races on all Alpha Characters. No new player should be penalized for choosing a random (to them, at the time) race. Every new player should have the chance to contribute to every fleet.
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
I have enjoyed playing EvE for over 10 years now. It is very much intertwined with my everyday life. I want EvE to grow and continue to thrive for another 10 years. I believe that having me on the CSM will allow this to become a reality.
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
No. This is my first year running for CSM
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
What makes me unique compared to my other candidates? I would have to say npc null-sec improvements. Most of the other null-sec candidates don't understand the struggle of npc null-sec compared to sov null-sec. I grew up in Syndicate and therefore know the problems that it and other npc null-sec suffer from.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
I'm used to considering both sides of a discussion before stating my point, which i present in a clear and understandable manner. This will allow me contribute effectively and efficiently while understanding where my other CSM members are coming from.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
Faction warfare would have to be my least know area. My extent of Faction warfare was running missions when it was first introduced.
9. If you were offered unlimited development time – what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
Citadels and timezone tanking. No matter where you from in the EvE universe I am sure you can agree that both Citadels and timezone tanking need to be looked into heavily.
10. If you could wind back the clock – what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
I think I would like to change asset safety. In my opinion if you put something in a citadel and it gets destroyed that item should either get destroyed or launched into space.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
Vince Draken. This guy really knows his stuff and has previous experience on the CSM.
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
Winning my first Alliance tournament. After spending so many hours practicing and theorycrafting winning first place was just the best feeling in the world.
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
People can feel free to directly eve-mail me any questions. I also have twitter. Although my twitter game is pretty weak at the moment I hope to improve that. Discord is also a great tool to get in touch with me.
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform – where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
15. What is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
I will keep it short and simple. I am Dancul1001 from Pandemic Legion, a CSM XII candidate looking to improve the game as a whole not just null-sec. I would be honored to have your vote come March 6th. Thank you very much for your time and if you have any question feel free to shoot me an EvE mail or post on my CSM thread.